Introduction to DSP-Digital Signal Processing | FMUSER BROADCAST
The application of DSP technology in FM radio transmitters is not a new thing. You can see it in many digital FM radio transmitters. So what kind of technology is it? This share will introduce DSP in three aspects: the working principle of DSP, the composition of DSP system, and the function of DSP.
DSP means digital signal processing technology. It converts the audio signal input into FM radio transmitter into digital signals 0 and 1, and processes it, just like addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in maths, and then outputs the digital signal to DDS for further processing.
Compared with analog signal processing technology, DSP has the advantages of accurate signal processing, the capability of strong anti-interference, high speed in long-distance transmission, and low distortion. Therefore, the FM radio transmitters with DSP technology can transmit audio signals with high quality and low distortion, and neither audience nor radio station operators will be distressed by noise. Such FM radio transmitters are widely used in city radio stations, drive-in theater, and so on.
An excellent DSP system consists of several different parts: Input and output, DSP chip, Program memory, Computer engine, Data storage. And they are responsible for different tasks.
- Input and output - These are the gates for the FM radio transmitters to receive audio signals and output digital signals. The digital signal or the digital signal converted from analog signal enters the DSP system through input, processed, and then enters the next processing stage through output.
- DSP chip - This is the "brain" of DSP system, where digital signals are processed.
- Memory - This is where DSP digital signal processing algorithms are stored.
- Program memory - Like other memory programs, programs for data conversion are stored here.
- Computer engine - This is a part of the DSP system, which is used to calculate all the mathematical functions that occur in the process of signal processing.
- Data storage - All information that may need to be processed is stored here.
A DSP system is like a processing plant, which needs the division of labor and cooperation of different parts before it can process the digital signal well.
We know that DSP technology improves the transmission quality of audio through digital processing of audio signal. Thus the FM transmitters can be used in many scenarios. Here are some examples:
- You can no longer be bothered by noise - DSP technology can distinguish which sounds are needed and which are disturbing noises, such as footsteps. For the interference caused by noise, DSP technology can shield it and improve the SNR of the FM radio transmitter.
- It can make the volume more stable - the DSP system has the function of automatic gain control. It can automatically balance the volume so that the audio signal will not become too loud or too quiet, which can effectively improve the audience's listening experience.
- Improve the sound quality of each frequency - Different equipment has different optimization for the sound of the same frequency. For example, if a radio is optimized for high-frequency sound, the quality of low-frequency sound it plays may be poor. DSP technology can balance this optimization and improve the low-frequency sound quality of the radio by changing the audio signal.
- Adaptive to different sound environments - DSP technology has the capability of processing sounds in different environments, which is particularly important in noisy places like factories.
- It saves you a lot of space - Before FM radio transmitters adopting DSP technology, many sound effects are realized by many additional devices. But now only a small module is needed to achieve better quality and more sound effects.
The FM radio transmitters with DSP technology can help us solve more problems, and make the transmitter can be applied to more fields, such as professional city radio stations, community radio stations, drive-in theater, drive-in church and so on.
The FM radio transmitter equipped with DSP can be widely used in a variety of scenes. As one of the best supplier of FM transmitters with DSP technology, FMUSER can provide you with customized solutions according to your use scenarios and professional radio station equipment packages including FM radio transmitters with DSP for radio workers. The quality of our products is good enough and they charge low prices. If you need to build your own radio station and buy FM radio transmitters with DSP technology, feel free to contact us. We are all ears!
We hope this article will help you understand DSP technology. Please keep following FMSUER, and we will continue to update information related to radio station equipment for you.
What are filters in digital signal processing?
In digital signal processing, a filter is a device that removes some unwanted features from a signal.
What are the types of filters in digital signal processing?
There are two fundamental types of digital filters: finite impulse response (FIR) and infinite impulse response (IIR).
What is the disadvantages of digital signal processing?
Disadvantages to using digital signals processing includes the following:
It requires a higher bandwidth compared to analog signal processing when transmitting the same information.
DSP requires the hardware with higher performance. And it consumes more energy compared with the analog signal processing.
Digital systems and processing are typically more complex.
Back to CONTENT
FMUSER INTERNATIONAL GROUP LIMITED.
We are always providing our customers with reliable products and considerate services.
If you would like to keep touch with us directly, please go to contact us