How to Choose the Best FM Radio Transmitter for Community Radio? | FMUSER Broadcast
During the pandemic, many countries implemented strict stay-at-home restrictions, no one can go outside freely. It's harder to obtain face-to-face information than usual. Fortunately, with the help of FM radio transmitters, the community radio station allows them to know what is happening outside even staying at home. Listening to community radio has become a part of their life. On this page, we'll introduce the main features of the community radio station, the best FM transmitter for community radio, and how to use it. Let's explore it!
Sharing is Caring!
- Main Features of a Community Radio Station
- How to Run a Community Radio Station?
- How to Choose the Best Community FM Transmitter?
- How to Use Community FM Transmitter Correctly?
Community radio is a non-profit broadcasting service. You can see it in many communities around the world. They will provide some programs ignored by commercial radio stations or with local characteristics. The main features of community radio are:
- Non-commercial - In most countries, they are non-commercial and public welfare. It is mainly operated by local residents, volunteer organizations, public welfare organizations, etc. Community Radio represents the interests of local residents and helps them express themselves to society.
- Specific Range - They provide FM broadcasting services to a specific range. Generally, they only broadcast within a radius of a few kilometers, which can just cover a community. Therefore, its audience is the local residents.
- Rich Programmes - Because community radio is non-commercial, it can broadcast various programs including community life, covering life, economy, society, politics, and so on. They also broadcast music programs with local folk music.
Because the broadcasting range is relatively small, the cost of community broadcasting is low. For the audience, they only need a simple radio to listen to the programs of community radio. Therefore, community radio is a very important channel to obtain information for local residents, especially those indigenous residents or foreign residents. And community radio station is one of the most essential applications of FM broadcasting.
To operate a community radio station, you need to prepare at least two types of broadcast equipment system ahead, which is:
FM transmitting system - FM transmitting system consists of a 50W FM radio transmitter for community radio, an FM antenna system, and other accessories. They are used for broadcasting the sounds recorded in the studio to the coverage in the form of FM signals, and the radios would receive the FM signals and play the sound. An FM broadcast transmitter with transmitting power ranges from 30W to 100W is the best for community radio.
FM antenna system - The FM antenna system contains the FM broadcast antennas packages that are designed based on your needs and other accessories. FM antenna system can help the FM broadcast transmitter to radiate the FM signals to the air. You need to consider the maximum power, gain, pattern, and wind load, etc. The FM antenna system should be able to match your FM broadcast transmitter.
Since these are the two of the most common broadcast equipment types used in a community radio station, if you are going to add more equipment or devices to your radio station, I would like to suggest the following audio processing equipment with additional functions:
- Audio processor
- Microphone stands
- Monitor headphones
- Audio cables
In the community radio station, the FM radio transmitter plays the role of transforming the voice of DJs and other broadcasting contents into RF signals and transmitting them through FM antennas. The sound transmission quality largely depends on the performance of the FM radio transmitter. There are many things to know before buying an FM transmitter:
- Power of FM broadcast transmitter - Since a community is not that large, and cost control is very important for it, the power of an FM broadcast transmitter should not be too high. In general, the transmitting power of the community FM transmitter ranges from 30W to 100W.
- Higher SNR sounds clearer - the SNR of the FM transmitter should not be too low, or the residents will hear a lot of noise when listening to the community radio. Generally, its SNR should not be lower than 40dB.
- Higher stereo separation is better - Community radio sometimes plays local folk music. If using an FM stereo transmitter with stereo separation higher than 40dB, residents can hear more pleasant music instead of thin sound.
FM stereo transmitters with such functions can make community radio provides better services and make local residents feel more fun in life. In addition to the performance, there are other things to consider before buying FM transmitter for a community radio station. The following is the best selling community FM transmitter from FMUSER:
FMUSER Best Selling Community FM Transmitter - More
The FM radio transmitter is the core equipment among them. It plays the role of converting the audio signal processed by mixer and audio processor into RF signal and transmitting it to all corners of the community through FM antenna. When using a 50W FM broadcast transmitter, note the following points:
- Before connecting the power supply, ensure to connect the 50W FM broadcast transmitter and FM antenna with the RF cables, or the FM broadcast transmitter will break down.
- The FM broadcast transmitter interfaces shall be kept dry and away from water.
- Make sure that the working frequency of the FM radio transmitter matches that of the FM antenna.
- Pay attention to lightning protection and waterproof protection.
A community radio station is also a kind of radio station, which requires to work continuously for a long time. Therefore, the notices of FM radio transmitters must be paid attention to.
As one of the best radio station equipment providers, FMUSER can provide these communities with such excellent 50W FM stereo transmitters kit for community radio stations, including a 50W FM transmitter, FM broadcast antenna systems including FM antennas packages, etc. The above equipment used in community radio station can not only meet the above conditions and transmit audio signals with good quality, but also their price is low enough to effectively reduce the cost of community radio. Here's the 50W FM transmitter package for a community radio station for you:
FMUSER 50W FM Transmitter Package for Community Radio Station - More
1. Q: How Far Can a 50W FM Transmitter Transmit?
A: Around a range of radius of 6 km.
There is no fixed answer to this question because FM transmitter coverage depends on many factors, including the performance of FM antenna, the performance of receivers, surrounding barriers, and so on. Generally, in community radio, a 50W FM transmitter can reach a range of radius of 6km.
2. Q: Is Community Broadcasting Legal?
A: Of course, it is legal.
In most countries in the world, running a community radio is required to apply for licenses from local FM & TV administration, otherwise, it will be fined. At the same time, some countries will limit the range of broadcasting. Therefore, before planning to start a community radio station, please consult in detail about the local regulations on community radio.
3. How Does Community Radio Maintain Its Operation?
A: Receiving financial support or advertisements fare from other public welfare organizations.
A community broadcasting is a non-profit organization, it needs to obtain the support of the organization from outside funds to operate continuously. For example, it can cooperate with local health organizations and ask them to put advertisements on community radio. In this way, community radio not only obtains income but also promotes health knowledge to community residents.
4. Q: Why Is Community Radio Station Important?
A: As the information channels of many communities in the world, community radio plays an important role.
This importance of community radio is mainly reflected in:
- Community radio can express on behalf of local resident
- It can unite the local residents
- Community radio broadcasts in local language and settles the problem of the language barrier
- Community broadcasting can improve people's employment
- Community broadcasting can promote local economic growth
On this page, we learn the basic information about community radio, and how to choose and how to use the best FM radio transmitter for community radio. Do you want to build your own community radio station? FMUSER can provide you with complete radio broadcasting equipment packages and solutions at the best prices. If you want more about community radio, please feel free to contact us.
FMUSER INTERNATIONAL GROUP LIMITED.
We are always providing our customers with reliable products and considerate services.
If you would like to keep touch with us directly, please go to contact us