- Fiber Optic Technology
- Deployment guides
- IPTV Technology
- Headend Equipment
- Buyer's Guides
- Industry Insights
- Hardware & Equipment
- Streaming Production
- Technology Explained
- How-To Guides
- IPTV System
- Hotel Infrastructure Facility
- Hotel IPTV Solution
- Equipment Buying Tips
- Drive-in FM
- RF Technical Guides
- FM Transmission
- TV Transmission
Top 3 Facts to Know about FM Radio Transmitters before Buying
How can I choose the FM radio transmitter that best meets my psychological expectations? I believe many people have thought about this question. This problem can be solved by remembering some important precautions before purchasing! This blog will briefly explain what an FM transmitter does, and focus on the three most important factors that need to be paid attention to before choosing a transmitter, namely quality assurance, frequency range, safety, to help those customers who want to buy FM transmitters to make a better choice! If this blog is helpful to you, don't forget to share this page!
Sharing is Caring!
- What does an FM Transmitter Do?
- Top 3 Facts to Consider before Buying FM Radio Transmitters
In short, an FM transmitter is a personal miniature radio. Like a radio station, its main job is to convert the audio signals of other devices into wireless FM stereo signals and transmit them out.
These devices include MP3s (including iPods), mobile phones, tablets (including iPads), laptops, etc. The content can be audio or video as long as there is an audio signal. Similarly, if it has the FM function, the object receiving the audio signal can be either a car radio or a home radio.
With an FM radio transmitter, you can transmit the music in the player, thus expanding the application functions and environment of these players in your hands. It also means you can enjoy amplified stereo music in your car or on the radio.
So how do we operate to hear the sound broadcast by FM radio transmitters?
As mentioned above, using FM radio transmitters is very simple. Tune your FM transmitter and receiver to the same frequency band and you'll be able to receive clear stereo music smoothly.
1. Quality Assurance
Product quality is one of the selling points of all products, including FM radio transmitters. And that's because it guarantees a good user experience.
A good quality product usually has a long service life. Likewise, quality affects both the signal and sound quality of an FM transmitter. In other words, a high-quality FM transmitter has the characteristics of a strong signal, good sound transmission, and stable connectivity.
● Good Signal - Because the clarity of the received signal depends on the electronic design of the product and the quality of the components used in the design, choosing poor quality electronics can result in a poor signal. Conversely, a high-quality transmitter can guarantee a good signal.
● Good Sound Transmission - Many people will be very annoyed if the sound suddenly becomes choppy or not clear at all while listening to the radio. At this point, we need to replace an FM transmitter that is less prone to failure and made of high-quality materials because it can provide better sound quality and even help with noise reduction. This way you never have to worry about getting interrupted when you hear the best part of the broadcast!
FMUSER Product Review | FU-1000D Best 1KW FM Broadcast Transmitter
● Stable Connectivity - In addition, the connectivity of FM radio transmitters, which refers to the stability of radio transmitters during connection, also determines the types of services you can explore from the product. Connectivity is the number one problem with low-end FM broadcast transmitters. Therefore, you should make sure that the quality is investigated before purchasing the FM transmitter, which could reduce the problems caused by poor connectivity.
2. Frequency Range
Why is frequency range an important factor in choosing an FM broadcast transmitter? Because the wider the frequency range, the more channels to choose from, which greatly reduces the chance of someone else bumping into the same channel broadcast as you, thus avoiding signal interference.
The frequency range of FM radio transmitters can be understood as the width of the road. The wider the road, the more traffic lanes there are. So everyone can go their separate ways without crowding together and influencing each other.
In addition, FM radio transmitters support multiple frequency ranges. And the best FM transmitters come with 88.0 to 108.0MHz, and these frequencies are used for commercial and non-commercial use.
The safety of radio transmitters should pay attention to two aspects of voltage and heat dissipation.
● Voltage Protection - Excessive voltage may cause the equipment to burn and cause a fire. If the radio transmitter itself has a built-in stabilizer or another electronic protection device, unnecessary danger can be largely avoided. FMUSER has a kind of high-quality FM transmitter with the function of standing wave protection and over-temperature protection, and this transmitter is FU-30/50B.
Please check it out if you're interested!
High-quality FM Radio Broadcast Transmitter | FMUSER FU-30/50B - More Info
Likewise, FM transmitters should preferably have their internal current and voltage protection network to prevent the device from accidentally shutting down due to dangerous voltages or shorted boards when in use.
● Cooling System - Even the best FM transmitters can get hot after prolonged use. If the heat persists, the device will overheat and eventually cause damage. Therefore, you need a functioning cooling system to avoid this dangerous event.
1. Q: How Far can You Legally Transmit FM?
A: About 200 feet. Some very low power devices covered by Part 15 of the FCC rules allow unauthorized operation in the AM and FM radio broadcast bands. On FM frequencies, these devices are limited to an effective service range of approximately 200 feet (61 meters).
2. Q: How to Find the Best FM Transmitter Frequency?
A: Set your FM transmitter to broadcast on 89.9 FM, and then tune your radio to that frequency. If you encounter FM interference, use an application such as clear to find open frequencies based on your location. To play music from a mobile device using an FM transmitter, you must find a frequency without interference.
3. Q: Why does My FM Transmitter Always Remain Static?
A: If you input the audio of FM broadcast transmitter too low, you will hear a lot of static electricity, because there is always some static electricity in the background. You must turn up a ton to get music input after audio standardization, you can find the best level to run the program.
This blog covers the role of FM radio transmitters and the three most important factors to consider before choosing an FM transmitter, namely quality assurance, frequency range, safety. I bet you can find the answer by reading the above when you are struggling to choose the best FM radio transmitter for you! FMUSER is a professional radio station equipment supplier from China, which can provide you with high-quality FM radio transmitters. If you want to get more information, please feel free to contact us and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
|FM Broadcast Transmitters||FM Broadcast Antennas||Complete FM Radio Station Package|
|from 0.5W to 10kW||Dipole, Circular polarize, Panel, Yagi, GP, Wide band, Stainless and Aluminum||Complete with FM transmitter, FM antenna, cables, accessories and studio equipment|
|Studio Transmitter Link Equipment|
|from 220 to 260MHz, 300 to 320MHz, 320 to 340MHz,400 to 420MHz and 450 to 490MHz, from 0 - 25W|
FMUSER INTERNATIONAL GROUP LIMITED.
We are always providing our customers with reliable products and considerate services.
If you would like to keep touch with us directly, please go to contact us